Well I’ve ordered the “first half” of my new computer. Ordered the following components:
- Cooler Master Stacker RC-832
- A big roomy full tower case with plenty of room for expansion
- ASUS Maximus Formula
- Using the X38 North Bridge, PCIe x16 2.0, DDR2. Solid looking board.
- Seagate Barracuda 750GB HD (OEM)
- Went OEM for the HD. Solid company. Massive Capacity.
- Mushkin DDR2 800 2x (2gb)
- DDR2 is still cheap as hell, got me four gigs on 2 sticks.
- Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
- Intel’s newest chip under the Wolfdale name. Small, cool, fast. Almost went with quad-core but I think I can wait a bit, until more software takes advantage of 4 cores.
I plan on ordering the rest (video card, optical drive, OS, and power supply) in about a week (I get paid next Wednesday). Now I only hope I put this shit together without having anything explode or catch on fire.